Unit 6. I don't … (Present Simple negative)
(Отрицательные формы глаголов в простом настоящем времени)
See Unit 5. I do/ work/ like etc. (Present Simple)
The Present Simple negative is don't/ doesn't + verb
|She doesn't smoke.||He doesn't work.|
- Sue drinks tea but she doesn't drink coffee.
- You don't speak English very well.
- They don't watch television very often.
- Rice doesn't grow in the cold countries.
- We don't know many people in this town.
We use don't/ doesn't + infinitive (like/ do/ speak/ work etc.):
- I don't like washing the car. I don't do it very often.
- She speaks Spanish but she doesn't speak Italian. (not she doesn't speaks)
|I/ we/ you/ they||don't||I don't like football.|
|he/ she/ it||doesn't||He doesn't like football.|
- My car doesn't use much petrol. (not my car don't use)
- Sometimes he is late but it doesn't happen very often.
See Unit 7. Do you …? (Present Simple questions)