Unit 8. I am doing (Present Continuous) and I do (Present Simple)
(Смысловое различие предложений с глаголами в простом и продолженном настоящем времени)
See Unit 3. I am doing (Present Continuous)
See Unit 4. Are you -ing? (Present Continuous questions)
See Unit 5. I do/ work/ like etc. (Present Simple)
See Unit 6. I don't … (Present Simple negative)
See Unit 7. Do you …? (Present Simple questions)
|Jim is watching television.
He is not playing the guitar.
But Jim has a guitar.
He often plays it and he plays very well.
Jim plays the guitar
but he is not playing the guitar now.
Is he playing the guitar? No, he isn't. (Present Continuous)
Does he play the guitar? Yes, he does. (Present Simple)
Present Continuous (I am doing) - now, at the time of speaking:
- Please be quiet. I am working.
- Tom is having a shower at the moment.
- Take an umbella. It's raining.
- You can turn off the television. I'm not watching it.
- Why are you under the table? What are you doing?
Present Simple (I do) - in general, all the time or sometimes:
- I work every day from 9 o'clock until 5.00.
- Tom has a shower every morning.
- It rains a lot in winter.
- I don't watch television very often.
- What do you ususally do at the weekend?
Do not use these verbs in the present continuous (I am -ing):
want like love hate need prefer depend know mean understand believe remember forget
Use the Present Simple only (I want/do you like? etc.):
- I'm tired. I want to go home. (not I'm wanting)
- Do you know that girl? Yes, but I forget her name.
- I don't understand. What do you mean? хостинг и сайты © Langust Agency 1999-2019, ссылка на сайт обязательна