Unit 11. was/ were
(спряжение глагола "to be" в единственном и множественном числе простого прошедшего времени)
|Now Charlie is at work.
At midnight last night he wasn't at work.
He was in bed.
He was asleep.
am/is (present) - was (past):
|- I am tired.
- Is she at home (now)?
- The weather is nice today.
|I was tired last night.
Was she at home yesterday morning?
The weather was nice yesterday.
are (present) - were (past):
|- You are late (now).
- They aren't here (now)?
|You were late yesterday.
They weren't here last Sunday.
- Last year she was 22, so she is 23 now.
- When I was a child, I was afraid of dogs.
- We were tired after the journey but we weren't hungry.
- The hotel was very comfortable and it wasn't expensive.
- Where were you at 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon?.
- Was the weather good when you were on holiday?
- Those shoes are nice. Were they expensive?
- Why was he angry yesterday?
|short answer - positive
|short answer - negative
- Was Ted at work yesterday? Yes, he was.
- Were they at the party? No, they weren't.