Unit 34. go/ going work/ working/ play/ playing etc.
- go/work/play etc. (infinitive)
We use the infinitive with do/does/did:
|Do you work?
How much does it cost?
What time did they leave?
|I don't work.
She doesn't play tennis.
We didn't sleep very well.
do/does (Present Simple) see Unit 6 and Unit 7
did (Past Simple) see Unit 10
- to go / to work / to play etc. (to + infinitive)
- going/working/playing etc.
We use -ing with am/is/are/was/were:
|+ -ing||Present Continuous
|see Unit 3, Unit 4,
see Unit 12
- Please be quiet. I'm working.
- Tom isn't working today.
- What time are you going out?
- We didn't go out because it was raining.
- What were you doing at 11 o'clock yesterday morning?