Unit 60. flower/flowers (singular and plural)
(существительные в единственном и множественном числе)
- The plural of a noun is usually -s:
|singular (= one)
a nice place
|->||plural (= two or more)
many nice places
- These things are plural in English:
- Do you wear glasses?
- I need the scissors. Where are they?
- You can also say a pair of … with these words:
a pair of scissors a pair of jeans a pair of tights etc.
- I need a new pair of jeans.
- I need some new jeans. (but not “a new jeans”)
- Some plurals do not end in -s:
also: a person -> two people / some people / many people etc.
- She's a nice person. but They are nice people. (not “nice persons”)
- Some people are very stupid. (not “Some people is”)
Police is a plural word:
- The police are coming. (not “The police is coming.”) хостинг и сайты © Langust Agency 1999-2019, ссылка на сайт обязательна